The project I have to share with you today is an altered cd tree ornament featuring Joanne Schempp's Wings of Love:
It is a gorgeous angel and just perfect for Valentine's Day! The frame is available, also, separately so it is a versatile set of stamps to begin with. But Valentine's Day is still a couple months away and I want to make something with it now....but no worries it also doubles as a Christmas Angel. Now the idea for using the image in this manner came from a collage sheet I recently acquired and I just knew I had to try my hand at CASEing it.
To create your own-
Sweet Pea Stamps Wings of Love from the Joanne Schempp collection
Maroon Card Stock - Micheal Strong
Printed Paper - Webster's Pages
Gold Krylon Paint Pen
Ornate Frame Punch - Unknown
Queen and Co. Pearls
1 yard Gold 1/4" Organdy Ribbon
Prima Holly Leaves
Gold Ranger Stickles
- Roses RV69, R59 RV42
- Gown B000, B00, B01
- Skintone E00, E000
- White Areas C0, B000, E0000
- Hair E33, E35, E27
- Stamp and color your image.
- Trim it out closely, removing the greenery and bow.
- Create a slit in both hands and run aribbon through the slits positioning the image about in the middle of the ribbon and leaving plenty of fullness to drape. Set this aside.
- Cover a cd with a base paper.
- Punch out a frame on black paper and paint with gold paint pen.
- Adhere to the cd and cover with printed paper.
- Attach holly leaves to the back of the image with glue dots and adhere the image to the center of the frame.
- Position the ribbon to flow around the cd, adding glue dots in places not visible.
- Trim out the upper corner print (from the same sheet of Webster's Pages paper) and adhere with double sided foam tape (I stacked two pieces for additional height).
- Punch a hole in the top of the cd for the ribbon hanger and string through.
- Embellish with pearls and finish off with stickles.
- Allow to dry before hanging.
In case you happen to get lost here is the list of stops for today:
Sweet Pea Stamps blog