Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UHU January Project



This month UHU sponsored an adorable project featuring their Disposable Glue Roller. This dispenser was easy to handle and the glue worked pretty good. UHU sent this kit out to those who requested it for free in exchange for their honest opinion about the product.

The dispenser worked smoothly when in use, applying a nice consistent line of adhesive. The adhesive sticks well. I used the tape runner several times and what I tacked down is still attached. 

I did find that if you had to reposition an item, another application was necessary. There was a time that the dispensing was off allowing for about a half an inch of tape protruding away from the dispenser itself. There is a screw that I am assuming is how to correct the problem but the tape would resume over dispensing. After using it the dispenser a few more times it finally corrected itself.

I found this dispenser to be of better quality than a lot of others I have used. Most of the time my tape dispensers allow the tape to stick to itself about halfway through a cartridge. This one has behaved so far.

The project itself is a candy box and the supplies included the preformed box, papers and bling. Using the glue roller, I covered the box with some of the papers included in the sample. Next I stamped some adorable cupcake and presents images from Sweet Pea Stamps on white paper and colored them with Copic markers. I then used some Ranger Stickles to add some sparkle to the images before trimming the images out.

I attached the stamped images to the sides of the box and added bling to the ends to finish them up. I think they turned out really fun and can't wait to fill the box with some little candies for my sweetheart.

No comments: